Application Procedure Step by Step
Students are supposed to determine 5 university preferences. Before determining their preferences, every applicant has to search for application process and course coherence in the “Erasmus Incoming” website of the partner universities. It is not possible to change the preferences after placement.
- Contact with your Academic Coordinator and get approval about course relevance and coherence of academic programs between universities.
- Complete your pre-registration in online application system (bauexchange.bau.edu.tr). You are supposed to upload your Transcript to the system during pre-application. Select ‘Erasmus> Student> Outgoing Student’ during the pre-application. Then choose ‘Education’ as your program type.
- After completing your preregistration, wait for your application status to be updated as “In the process”.
- When application status is updated as “In the process” by BAU Exchange Office, print the application form and have it signed by your academic coordinator. Form must be signed by applicant, as well.
- Upload your signed application form to the online system. (Documents can only be uploaded in PDF format.)
- Succesful applications will be updated as “Application Completed”. Only the applications with this status will be evaluated.
- After application is completed, take the English Proficiency Test. Date and location of the exam will be announced by Exchange Programs Office via e-mail and at the website.
Application Procedure (Partner University)
Students who have secured a place for an exchange program are being nominated to the partner university by BAU Exchange Programs. After this point, responsibility of the application and approval process at the partner university completely belongs to the student.
- Students who have been selected for Exchange Program are announced on our website. Erasmus winners’ list are announced within 10 days after English Proficiency Test. Application status of the winner students are updated as “Succeed” in the system
- Orientation program including further steps in detail is held by BAU Exchange Programs with the participation of academic coordinators. Attendance is mandatory. Nonattendance will cause cancellation of the secured program and 5 points will be deducted from their future applications.
- When application documents demanded by receiving university are completed by the student, they will be posted by BAU Exchange Office if necessary.
- When the student completes the application at the partner university, upon acceptance, necessary documents for visa application will be sent by the partner university in 3-6 weeks depending on their procedures. (Application information mails which are sent to students do not mean that students are accepted. Unless an official letter is issued on letterhead, signed and stamped, students are not taken into account as accepted.
- Accommodation arrangements are made by student. BAU Exchange Office is not responsible.
- Student applies to the relevant consulate of the country of his/her selected university along with the letter of acceptance and consulate/grant letter. (Student must demand the consulate letter from BAU Exchange Program with a copy of his/her acceptance letter)
- Student is supposed to open a EURO bank account at Deniz Bank Bahcesehir University branch. Grants will be transferred to this account after signing the grant agreement.
- Student who is secured with a visa, travels to the selected university and must be ready at the orientation which will be hold by the partner university and starts his Erasmus Exchange Program.
May you have questions, please send an email to our outgoing students coordinator Özge Güner email@example.com