ERASMUS APPLICATION PROCEDURE (2015 – 2016 Academic Year Fall/Spring Semester)
Check the “Erasmus+ Partner Universities”, find the related university to your field of study and check their information pages.
February 09th – February 28th, 2015 Friday 17:00
English Proficiency Test:
March 3rd, 2015 Tuesday on BAU Şişli Campus
Click Here for Online Application
1) Check the “Erasmus Exchange Partner Universities”, find the related university to your field of study and check their information pages. (“Erasmus Partner Universities” )
2) Consult your ““Academic Coordinators” ” at your faculty to see the matching courses that you can take during your study at the partner university.
3) Fill your Online Application form
4) Print 2 copies of your online application confirmation that you will receive in your email box and get it signed by your Academic Coordinator.
5) Bring your transcript that you will take from Student Affairs and online application print out to BAU Exchange office.
6) Take the English Proficiency Test
1) Announcement of the successful candidates.
2) Participate in the orientation sessions which are going to be held in your faculty with your academic coordinators. Time and date will be announced via e-mails. You will be informed about Learning Agreements, Course Selection, Letter of Acceptance, ECTS Credits and Grants.
3) Application pack which is prepared by student will be posted by BAU Exchange to Partner University.
4) Confirmation package will be posted to your home address or to BAU Exchange from the Partner University within 3 – 6 weeks.
5) Universities send e-mails about accommodation to your e-mail accounts. Follow them up; you are responsible for arranging your own accommodation.
6) After you receive your letter of acceptance, you will apply for your visa with the documents asked from the embassy. You need to take a signed official grant letter from BAU Exchange Office.
7) Open a Euro account at Denizbank branch on campus. Your grants will be transfered to this account.
8) The Erasmus Exchange starts with the orientation day specified by the partner university. You should travel before the orientation day.
Erasmus Office Hours
You can get more information about mobility programme from Erasmus Institutional Coordinator Nilgül ÖZTÜRK at BAU Exchance Office in the dates and times which is mentioned below:
Monday – Wednesday –Friday between 14:00pm – 16:00pm
Also for further information you can send e-mail to; email@example.com
Glossary for Erasmus+ : www.ua.gov.tr
ECTS: European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System. ECTS is a standard for comparing the study attainment and performance of students of higher education across the European Union and other collaborating European countries. You will earn ECTS credits after you complete your Erasmus Exchange.
Erasmus Student Certificate: Before coming back to Istanbul, students have to have this paper signed by the Erasmus office of the partner university.
Grant: Money that you will recieve during your Erasmus Echange. It depends on the life standarts and expensiveness of the country that you will go. It helps you to meet your basic needs during your exchange. Please click here to see the grants for countries.
Learning Agreement: You will find the matching courses with your academic advisor and fill this form and have it signed by your academic coordinator and Nilgül ÖZTÜRK. Then we will send it to the partner university. If you add or drop a course after you go, you need to fill the second page of the form and send it to Nilgül ÖZTÜRK.
Letter of Acceptance: After you are nominated for your exchange to the partner university, you will receive a letter of acceptance if the university approves your application.
Survey: All students have to complete the survey after they return to Istanbul form their exchange programs.
FORMS: (click to the attached forms to download)