Every semester, we organize an orientation for international students. Our orientation takes place one week prior to the beginning.
We recommend that you be present for the orientation because the information given is very valuable for your adaptation in Istanbul, residence permit application and to assist you in your study period at Bahçeşehir University.
Be aware that you may be charged at the transit airport for any goods in your hand- baggage that would normally be subject to customs duty.
You are advised to book your travel as far in advance as possible as ticket prices can increase nearer to the date of travel.
2017-2018 Academic Year Fall Semester Orientation Week: one week before the commencement of courses
İstanbul Atatürk Airport: It is located on the European side of İstanbul. Average travel time to the city center is 1 hour • Phone: (0212) 465 30 00
İstanbul Sabiha Gökçen Airport: It is located on the Asian side of İstanbul. Average travel time to the city center is 1,5 hours. • Phone: (0216) 585 50 00
How do I Reach My Accommodation?
Once you arrive at one of the Airports you can find shuttle busses operated by HAVATAŞ (14 TL one way) to Taksim. This is a central location for traveling anywhere in İstanbul. You can then take a taxi to your desired destination. Taxi cabs are available 24/7.
İstanbul Sabiha Gökçen Airport: It is located on the Asian side of İstanbul. Average travel time to the city center is 1,5 hours.
If you send your flight details when asked, you may be picked-up by buddy students of BAU.
BAU Exchange Programs Office: Çırağan Caddesi No: 4, 34353 Beşiktaş/İstanbul
HOW TO GET TO BAU MAIN CAMPUS ?
From Atatürk International airport (European side)
1. Take a cab to reach Beşiktas BAU main campus directly (approx. 60 TL or $30 to the city center, show the address to taxi driver, journey time 30-60 min)
2. If incoming students would like to come by HAVATAS, after having collected your luggage, proceed towards the exit, then turn right and proceed to exit the terminal. You will find the Airport Taxi service in front of you. The Havatas shuttles are located on the left, stopping on the main passage road. Please, get on the bus labelled HAVATAS TAKSİM, with the fee paid inside the bus (14 TL or $8, available every 30-60 min on Arrivals exit, journey time 30-60 min).
• After arriving Taksim sqr, take a taxi to get to BAU main campus in Beşiktaş (approx. 10TL or $5, show the address to taxi driver, journey time 10-20 min)
3. Metro and then any other public transportation (approx. 2 TL or $ 1 one trip, not recommended for non-experienced travelers )
4. Contact your buddy students, they will help you with your transportation.