INTERNATIONAL RECRUITMENT & MARKETING OFFICE is the first place where all International students must come firstly after arrival. We will be guiding and assisting you during registration process
All freshman students will need to provide the following documents to complete registration process:
1. Original hard copy of High School Diploma or equal Certificate (translated in English or Turkish)
2. Transcript of Records (translated in English or Turkish)
3. Denklik- Equivalency Certificate of High School diploma authorized by Turkish Education Council. A letter certifying that your High School Diploma is equal to a Turkish High School Diploma. It can be issued by the Turkish Consulate in your country or the National Education Directorates in Istanbul. In order to apply for this letter, you should submit your original and translation of high school diploma and your transcript showing all the courses you have taken in High School, their grades and credit hours.
4. Copy of acceptance letter
5. Student visa* is no longer obligatory (recommended for foreigners who generally need a visa to enter Turkey)
* According to the resolution No. 978811785-102-02-4771 by Immigration department of MIA of Turkey issued on 17.06.2014 student visa is no longer required for foreign students who want to study in Turkey. It‘s required neither for university registration nor for Residence permit application
8. Payment receipt
9. Foreign language exam results (if any)
– TOEFL (IBT 74)
– PTE Academic 55
– CAE C
– YDS 60
– BAU Proficiency Exam (Min. Score: 60) *
* BAU proficiency exam will be held in the end of August in Beşiktaş Campus
Students with no prior or required knowledge of English will be registered at Preparatory school (Şişli campus)
Students who have got required TOEFL, IELTS scores or passed BAU Prof. exam after registration will be registered as first grade students.
After registration students will be provided with Student ID card containing personal information and student ID number.
Freshman students additionally need to do their interactive registration for classes during online registration period . You should select the courses online and get your academic advisor’s approval during this period.
Registration Start: July 2018
Registration Deadline: Early September 2018
Classes Start: September 2018